Monday, August 6, 2012

Bar-B-Que Chicken made easy...

So, frozen chicken was on sale this week and I loaded up the cart with it. I always do that famous Pinterest recipe that I call "Salsa Chicken", but I needed to be able to do something new, too.

I had tried this recipe before with the cheap Kraft Bar-B-Que sauce and it was ok. Let me tell you it is ALL in the sauce. So, when you go to pick up some sauce make sure it is one you love. I am from Memphis. So, of course when I saw the "Sticky Fingers: Memphis Original" I had to try it!! It is actually VERY good and has a kick to it. I don't like my sauces too sweet!!

Anyways, when I thought to make this, I knew I was going to make it just like the salsa chicken. I got the chicken(still frozen) and only used half of the bag. I am using the other half for another recipe later in the week. If I wasn't doing that, I probably would have cooked all of the chicken. I put three breasts(still frozen) in the crockpot and poured a little over half the bottle of sauce on top. I put the crock pot on low and left it.








After about three hours this is what it looked like. I did a taste test and it is already nice and tender. Not all of the pieces were ready to be shredded, but I did the best I could.


I plan of going to the store and buying some cole slaw, but I am sure you can make your own if you wanted. I just haven't gotten to that point yet. The bottle of sauce was $2.50 (?) and the entire bag of chicken was $5.00. I would say that is a pretty cheap meal. Just think, if you were to use the entire bag of chicken, you would probably have some left overs! After making this with the cheap sauce, my husband said he liked it better than the regular Bar-B-Que. So I can't wait to see what he says about it with this delcious sauce!Thanks for letting me share!

No comments:

Post a Comment