Thursday, August 30, 2012

My journey to loving my hair: My hair tutorial!

So I have had a few people ask me how I do my hair and I had been thinking about writing a hair tutorial. I just wasn't sure if people would actually read it AND I am not sure if it will work for people with straight hair. So, this could be quite a hair experiement. Alright, let us get started.




Ok, well this is what I started with. As you can see it is already semi-dry because I let it air dry a bit. That way it didn't take forever for me to blow dry it. As you can also see, I have naturally curly hair.




      To start, blow dry your hair. Make sure the roots are completely dry but let the ends stay semi-wet.


                                  

                                             Then, you will brush your hair into two sections.

  After that, twist the sections like the above picture and finish blow drying you hair while it is twisted.


 Afterwards, it will look like this. They are still very loose twists. At this point I usually spray Fizz-Ease Dream curls onto the twists. DO NOT UNRAVEL THEM YET.




You then get a flat iron and go over the twists. I usually stay on the twists for a few seconds each time I go over them. Make sure you go in the same direction as your hair twists and make sure the twists are tight while doing it!


      See the difference? The left twist is after blow drying. The right twist is after flat ironing.


    After doing this a couple of times and making sure my hair is completely dry, these are my results. Big fat curls. If some parts have a hard time curling, I can do chunks separately and get a better result.




After doing this technique a few times, I have really learned to love my hair. I have had such a hard time with it! This is inspired by another Pin on pinterest, but after I did that one my hair didn't turn out so good! I hope y'all enjoyed and I hope it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment